Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sebastian

We have some interesting neighbors (to state it mildly). The most interesting, however, is Sebastian. Well, actually, he thinks we're his neighbors... he tells his friends that he lives in the center of the village in a park-like setting. I'm convinced that he thinks this is his yard, not his neighbor's yard. He's SO cute. He talks to us like we're cats. I thought of putting "like he's human" but that just wouldn't be right. After all, HE is the important one here.

This is Sebastian -- hard to capture in a picture because he's SO active! He's just doing what comes naturally... WATCHING. He's the resident WATCHCAT of our property -- oh, wait! It's his property -- he'll be SURE you know that!

I wish I had pictures to add to THIS story, but alas, I was not blogging when this happened...

Earlier this year, probably late Spring when we were finishing up the final "redecorating project" of the year, Dick had draped drop cloths everywhere ... over the picnic tables, over chairs, etc., in the yard. Sebastian wandered over (his yard, remember) to the drapings and commented, "Oh look! My gardener has made me a new tent! How kind of him!" He poked his head into every little nook he could find amongst those drapings. I'm actually surprised he didn't find one of his little "girlie" friends and invite her over to visit his new "house."

Another time, he just paraded right up to me while weeding (I was doing the weeding -- that's one thing HE doesn't do... we're his gardeners, after all), rubbed his beautiful face on mine and proceeded to walk right into the garden of teensy weensy plants that I was weeding. I scolded him! He gave me a look that would kill and said, "MEOW!" and went on home.

He's such a character! I'm saddened to learn that he will be moving out at the end of August. He's been a good neighbor... one who doesn't cause any trouble... except, possibly, for the fact that he considers all the beautiful gardens in the yard his personal litter boxes. *sigh*

2 comments:

None of the Above

I love Sebastian!! Where is he moving?

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary

I am probably going to repost this at my blog LOL

  © Blogger template 'LonelyTree' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP