Friday, August 6, 2010

Liza

My favorite cousin, Carolyn, has found a new hobby... she "adopts" porcelain dolls at thrift shoppes to give them new homes -- where they'll be loved and cherished. BUT... it has to be the PERFECT home! She's very picky about the new homes she finds for her babies.

A couple of weeks ago, I was visiting her when she shared her new hobby with me. What I didn't know was that she was actually looking for a new home for "someone." She showed me each baby one at a time. They were all very nice, but when she brought me this one, I fell in love... just the way that she has her head tilted to one side like she's listening won my heart. I began immediately to chat with her. "Oh, no! Were you upstairs all by yourself? I'm so sorry! It must be terribly lonely up there all alone!"
Carolyn immediately saw the bond between us and asked me if I'd like to adopt her. I was delighted! Long story short -- Liza now spends her days (and nights) on top of my dresser. She's a beauty! Just look at the way she tilts her little head. *sigh* She seldom ever moves. She's so easy to care for! However, her first night here, I heard a faint whimpering and when I checked, I found it was Liza. She said she missed her mama. I told her it wouldn't be long before her mama would visit her. She calmed right down.
This is Liza... in her new home. I'm so thankful for my little Liza!

3 comments:

Melissa

Ironic that my former sister in law(almost)'s name is Liza :) She's pretty!

None of the Above

She was wimpering because Dick came into the room passed wind!! Only a true Slakes would make that observation!!! It's a gift and a curse. LOL!!

None of the Above

But anyway Debbie....that is wonderful that you adopted this dolly!! She is beautiful! Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'LonelyTree' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP