Friday, August 22, 2014

SHALOM

SHALOM

Someone very special said to me yesterday, SHALOM.

I once had a Jewish friend, who has since gone to be with Jesus, who had told me that SHALOM has a far deeper meaning than we ever think about as Christians. So, I looked it up this morning. Here's what I found.

According to Strong's Concordance 7965 Shalom means 
completeness
wholeness
health
peace
welfare
safety 
soundness
tranquility
prosperity
perfectness
fullness
rest
harmony
the absence of agitation or discord

Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full. 

In modern Hebrew the obviously related word Shelem means to pay for, and Shulam means to be fully paid.

Proverbs 18:21 tells us there is life or death in the power of the tongue. Therefore, whenever you employ the word "shalom" you are speaking into someone's life all the wonderful things that shalom means!


I don't think this requires much elaboration though I fully intend to use it frequently in my associations. Blessings while we are alive and healthy are just as significant as the ones we give on our deathbed. And... we get to watch them play out in our family/friend's lives. 

SHALOM!


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'LonelyTree' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP